Wednesday 11 January 2012

When You Think You're Safe, Think Again....

<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/14355493/?claim=9yrgg33v8b2">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>

During my time spent with the medics I also travelled over to see friends from the last season who are working again for the same company as last year. Seeing old friends? I hear you ask, how can that be awkward? Well I’ll tell you, the awkwardness lies in sleeping arrangements….
I’ll back-track slightly; last year my chef in the chalet I worked in became a brother figure to me, we became very close due to the fact that we lived and worked together. This meant that when I went over to visit everyone from the company I didn’t even have to think where I would stay; this guy, let’s call him John, was lucky enough to have a double bed in the staff accommodation and so I was welcome to bunk up with him.
We had a wonderful evening out, I was catching up with old friends and old bars and he was just being a seasonnaire….wonderful! Apart from my dance moves in the club the evening went off without an awkward hitch and we both went home late after dancing our socks off.
Much later……
In the middle of the night I wake up shivering, I am so so cold and confused about where I am and who I’m with. After a moments panic I realise that I’m safe and not out on the snow, all that’s happened is John next to me has stolen the entire duvet. I don’t want to be mean so I don’t yank it back from him I just decide to move closer to him and try to steal his warmth.
And then it happened.              The horrible boy farts on me.
You might say, that’s not awkward that’s just gross, but you’d be wrong. It’s incredibly awkward; what do you say, what do you do, how do you react in a shared room when you don’t want to wake people up? I had to do the silent freak-out involving a lot of flailing and arm movement but no actual noise. After this I had no such qualms about violently stealing the duvet back - and with a quick jab in the ribs for good measure! I lay there in bed, shivering and feeling in some way violated and yet I’m sure that cemented my friendship with John for many years to come.
The moral to this story is, when you think you’ve got through an evening with no awkward incident be careful because awkwardness can strike even in the middle of the night!

1 comment:

  1. Nice story.Awkwardness can happen to anyone anytime so,better be prepared always.

    David Skier

    ReplyDelete